Monday, April 22, 2013

For the teacher

I found the cutest thing on Pinterest. to make for teachers.  The end of the year is fast approaching and look at what a cute thing this is to give as a thank you gift.   You could fill it up with candy or I'm going to include thumb tacks and paperclips so she can keep it on her desk filled with those things that are always needed.  Teachers never have enough thumb tacks.

If you have been following me at all you know I don't have any small children but my daughter is a 4th grade teacher so I made one for her as a little surprise gift. 
Apple container
I bought a small clay pot and the base that goes under it.  I already had red paint and the clay,  Just to let you know it isn't just any kind of clay, you need to get the kind that you bake so that it become hard and doesn't crack.  That took no time at all and I did it in my toaster oven.  I made the stem right on the top (which is really the clay pot base) and then put the top with the stem attached to it right in the oven.  It won't hurt the clay pot at all.  Last I just found a leaf from the tons of silk flower bushels I have and hot glued that on to the stem. 
Apple container I
So adorable right?
On the original, from Pinterest, she did not paint the inside but I did. 
Apple container - inside
Then just so things did not fall through the little hole in the bottom I glued a round piece of felt to the bottom. 
Apple container - bottom
There you have it.
I hope she like it!
Signature%2520Lips%255B5%255D

No comments: