Monday, April 26, 2010

Who doesn't love fairies?


I used The Sweet Stop SSS54 sketch for this card.  
It just caught my eye for the perfect sketch for the fairy I colored.  I normally use pencil but I have to make myself use my Copic so that I can get better at blending with them.  I just am not good at it and I want to be!  Two of my favorite challenge sites Stamping 411Color Inspiration #120 & Stacey's Stampin Stage Curtain Call Color Challenge #27
had color challenges so close that I could incorporate them both -  Pinks, Greens, White and Cream. 
Pile it on challenge #16 said "Make It Sweet", you can't get much sweeter than a cute little fairy, can you?  The ABC Design Blog had a recipe challenge -  1 - Punch, 2 - Stamps &
3 - Embellishments.  Everything came together.  I used my Mar-Fa (I love to call her that!) Stewart punch- Latice, glittered up her wings and shoes just like all fairies should have.



I hope everyone had a wonderful Monday.  I have a HUGE SURPRISE for everyone but not til next week.. *WINK* *WINK*  Lets just say I was surprised.

14 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

adorable card, Mary! that sweet fairy definately makes me smile:) thanks so much for joining us at the Curtain Call!

Julie said...

Very sweet card, thanks so much for playing along with the Curtain Call Crew this week.

Country Mouse said...

You did a great job with The Sweet Stop sketch, thanks for playing along!:)
And...I can't wait to hear your surprise!!! ;)

Unknown said...

Very pretty and joyful card! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Justine said...

"A+"dorable..... ! What a fun card. I am so glad you joined us at ABC Toys & Crafts so that I could visit your blog. You are very talented!!

Patti Chesky said...

Very pretty!!! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411.

Donna Lee said...

Very cute. Lovin the bling on here.

Kelli said...

very cute card :)

Sue said...

stunning and so cute! great effort with the copics, I agree they do take practise! thanks for playing along with us this week! :)

Maria Matter said...

BEAUTIFUL Mary!!! such a precious image and pretty papers!!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us @ ABC Toys & Crafts!
Blessings!

shulsart said...

What a bright and cheery card, it just makes me smile. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at ABC Toy's and Craft Design blog.

Terri said...

What a great card...lovin' all those bright colors! Great job on meeting all the challenges!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Oy! So stinkin' cute!! I love that sweet little fairy image, and your color scheme is yummolicious!! Thanks so much for playing with us over at ABC Toys & Crafts!

shulsart said...

Congratulations, Mary on your win at ABC Toys and Crafts. We hope you enjoy your shopping spree!