Saturday, May 1, 2010

Who's Birthday?

 I bought a new stamp at Michael's on Friday and just couldn't wait to use it.  Owls are big right now and I am jumping on that bus also.  They are so cute together.  I decided to use CPS #164 Sketch Challenge.  I turned it and put the ribbon on the bottom and added a flower instead of the bow. 

Then I went to Color Throwdown #90 challenge.  This weeks colors are a great combo and I love them together.  

I stamped & embossed a party hat on the Bazzill purple paper to make my own background paper.  The image I stamped is from Hampton Arts - Party Owls. I hope you can see that I cut their arms out and popped them up to give them dimension.  I also had just bought some brown flock.  Martha Stewart makes great flock so I decided to put a little on the top owl.  Like he has hair on his chest.. lol

Other Challenges:
Allsorts challenge #50 - Animals
A Spoon Full Of Sugar Challenge #101 - 3D
Creative Belli Challenge #90 - Birthday
Cute Card Thursday #110 - Make your own
Hand Full of Stamps #26 - Look what I got.
Your next stamping challenge #15 - Dotty
Peachy Keen Stamps #27 - Inspiration


Don't forget I have a big surprise.. I am sooooo excited to tell you but not yet.  I'm about to burst!

13 comments:

Country Mouse said...

Love your card!! It's so cute! I"m an owl lover too!LOL Can't wait to see what your big surprise is!!!!:)

Shannon Roberts said...

I soooooo Love this!!! When the heck did you go to Mike's??? Oh And I love the ribbon!! And ummm, excuse me a Surprise?

Debs said...

This is adorable!! Love the colours you have used.
Thanks fir joining us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Unknown said...

I love your cute owls Mary! No wonder you couldn't wait to get the stamp. Smashing card! Thanks for joining in with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck! Viv xx

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, those owls are cute! Great card, Mary! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

My Creative Time said...

This is such a CUTE card!! I love it!! Thanks so much for joining us @ Peachy Keen!!
hugs,
Emma:)

Lana Clarke said...

So cute and thanks for playing along at YNS
Lana

Janice W. said...

Such a fun card!! Those owls are so cute and I love the felt flowers! Thanks for joining the challenge at Peachy Keen!

Lorie said...

Great card! So glad you could join us at PKS!

Hugs,
Lorie

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh Myyy --- the owls are WONDERFULLY CUTE! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

Kirsten...x said...

Lovely card love the cute image and the colouring is fabulous...x
Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

Melisa Waldorf said...

Too cute!! Thanks so much for playing along with Creative Belli this week. I hope you will join us again. Melisa

Unknown said...

just way too cute!!! thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish