Sunday, January 2, 2011

Birthday Bear

 This weekend sure has flown by fast.  I hope that's not how the whole year is going to go.  2010 went by before I knew it and I told myself I am going to make 2011 last and remember the small things.

On small thing I did today was make another challenge card.  This one is for a birthday coming up in about a week.  A long time girlfriend of my youngest daughter.  I used the sketch from CPS199    I changed it up a bit by adding a ribbon and switching the circle and square.  Isn't the ribbon the best.  I got a bunch of "NEW" ribbon for Christmas that has themes on them.  Like new baby, thank you, paw prints,, etc... I thought it was just perfect for this card due to the color combo worked perfect.  PINK!  The Color Dare Challenge #90 asked us to use Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry & Very Vanilla.   Whew that was a mouth full... lol.   The colors and the ribbon all go together so well that you just want to sing Happy Birthday to YOU!  How can that not be one of your favorite songs..Every time you hear it you know there is cake, hopefully ice cream and presents not far off.  
I used Polly Craft free digi I got a while ago, isn't he cute with his balloons.  I added the little trail after him.  Just thought it gave him some dimension.   Of course I used my Copics to color him in.  It is my favorite way to color images but I am still learning.  I use to use Prisma pencils a lot but I think I am finally getting the hang of these markers.


Well on to the next challenge card.  I think it'll be another birthday card.  My stash is low.

The rest of the challenges:
Really Reasonable Ribbons Challenge #15 - something new plus ribbon (my ribbon is new.. lol)
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Favorite Song  (Happy Birthday to you.. happy birthday to you)
I Did It Creations Challenge #36 - Favorite Technique  (copic coloring)
Paper Sundaes Challenge #50 - Something New ( the happy birthday ribbon)
Big Mamma Luvs Ya Glitter Graphics

XOXO

9 comments:

Georgia Ehrmann said...

very cute card! Thanks for playing at IDIC this week! Good luck and hope to see you again next week!

Lea L. said...

Super adorable!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week! ♥♥♥

Bonnie Garby said...

Cute card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Jeanette said...

If this card doesn't make you happy on your birthday...I don't know what will. This is adorable. Happy New Year from I Did It Creations.

Create It Simply said...

Adorable!! Thanks for joining us at CPS!

Glenda J said...

So cute! Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare!

CherylAnn Robinson said...

This is soooooo cute! Love the bear. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin Challenge.

Kristii said...

Soooo very cute!!!

Lindsey said...

What a sweet card! Love the pink! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Linds x