Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Nuts about you

 Just got home from errand running with my BFF.  First time in about two weeks I have seen her and she live just down the street.  You see her husband works in another state and only comes home about a weekend a month but for the holiday and cuz it has been snowing where he works he has been home for some time.   When he comes back into town he puts a lock down on her.. (not really but to me it feels like it) and I don't see her.  I can't believe she would rather spend time with her husband than me.. oh well I guess it all works out.. I get her when he's gone.  Hehehe 

Just before I left I had just finished another Valentines challenge card.  Thank goodness we are getting back into our challenges.  I live for my challenges.  Well to start off I used The Sweet Stop SSS89 challenge sketch.  It was pretty darn complicated for me.  Just a lot of layers and I'm not very good at that but I think it all worked out darn well.I just moved the flower a bit and you will see why but you have to read on.. haha..

Next I went for Stacey's Stamping Stage color challenge - Act #63
The colors are:  Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Cajun Craze, and Always Artichoke. 

 So now what card to make.. I went with a very non-traditional Valentines card but it is perfect for a rough tough guy.  Now I just have to fine one.. LOL.. I crack myself up.    I know I will send it to my daughter so she can give it to her boyfriend for Valentines.. I just thought of that.. not only do I crack my self up. I amaze myself!  Ok enough about me.. on to my card.

I know what your thinking.. How the heck is this a Valentines card..The stamp is just one single block stamp from Recollections.  It might even be from the $ bin.  See how I put the flower in a different place well that's because  Claudia & Company challenge #69 asked us to Tag it with Love. 
So I did.. Cute huh. It's part of my tag.
One last challenge for this card is for Fab n Funky challenge #54 - Anything Goes.


Ok that's it for now but I hope you like it and had a great day.  It was for me and it would be sad if it wasn't for you. 


Big Mamma Luvs Ya Glitter Graphics

XOXO

6 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Such a fun card! Love the papers and the nut theme...hehe!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Very cun card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at C&Co this week!!
Sheri-C&Co DT

karen said...

brilliant card, made me smile, thanks so much for joining ust at fab n funky, Karen

Shannon Roberts said...

Your hilarious! I had a blast & always do with you!! I luv ya BFF! Oh and the card is super cute but; I already told you that when you weren't ready!!!!!!!! HAHAHA!!

LuLu said...

Cute card and love all the different layers. Many thanks for joining in with Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week.

Lou
x

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

I'm glad to see you here at C&Co. You did a great job with the sketch. I love the little flower on your tag, really dresses it up.

Smiles!
Gwen C&Co. DT