Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Spooky Bird House

 Hey everyone.. it's Wednesday  and I can't wait to show you the latest so I am getting right to it.   I have to say sometimes my "Sometimers" kicks in and I forget to take all the pictures I mean to.  LOL!!

I have to apologize that I did not get the before pictures.  I guess I get so excited and jump right into my project.  Anyway on a trip to Goodwill looking for something else I ran across two unfinished, completely raw birdhouses for only .99cents each.  I gave one to my bestie so she could make hers and I got started on mine.
I am a HUGE Pinterst person and I saw these birdhouses a little bit ago.  Aren't they sooo adorable?  I just knew I had to make them and when I came across the birdhouses I knew it was a sign from the Halloween gods. 
I need to give credit where credit is due and give thanks to Shanty 2 chic for posting this great Halloween craft.

Ohhh on the same trip I also ran across the perfect candle stick for it - BONUS!!!

So here is my version. 
This is the front.  I just used scrapbook paper for the whole thing.  As you can see from the little bird perch on the front it is green.  I painted the whole house green first and then ModPodge'd the scrap paper on all the sides.   In my stash of goddies I had the little embelies, got my trusty glue gun out and attached them.  I think it's hard to see but my little black birds (one at the top and one peeking out the hole) have red eyes.  What I did was pulled out their little black eyes and replaced them with red bling jewels.  I also painted the candle stick black and then on the top and bottom added a row of bling.

This is the back of it.  I really didn't feel like embellishing the back at all but really love the skull paper.   All this paper came from a pack I had from last year so this was kept on the real cheep.. just left overs. 

On this side I had embossed the paper first with my SU spider web folder but after ModPodging it on, as you can see, the emboss got lost so it needed a web, another cute left over embeli.  I also had the big sparkly spider which I glued on the top and added a little red hour glass on her back side.

Last but not lease, one more side.  I think you have seen this before... haha.. my EKK picture frame post.

In case you can't see I glued googly eyes all over the side.  The paper reminds me of eyeballs. 

So now that Halloween is almost here and soon to be over I can start on some home improvement DIYs.  




Big Mamma Luvs Ya Glitter Graphics

XOXO

No comments: