Monday, November 11, 2013

GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE

As promised I want to show off my latest make.  I have seen wood blocks with saying on them all over blogging and facebook.  There are some really great one out there.  I knew I wanted to make my version of this fun hobby, so here it is.
As you can see I staggered the sizes and painted them "Appletini" green.  I always use Behr Ultra.  It is great paint and also has the primer in the paint so I don't have to worry about priming anything.  It's pretty darn thick and doesn't chip. 

I found one of my favorite paper companies in my stach - Doodlebug.  They always have the cutes paper and Gobble just calls for cute and fun.  Modge Podge and distressed the paper onto the blocks.  Pulled out the cricut machine and printed the lettering.  Glued and more modge podge to seal the deal. 

I posted them on to my facebook page and 4 groups I belong to and dang it sold with in minutes.  I only charged $10 well worth the deal.  I also recived orders for two more so I've got to get back to work. 

Just wanted to stop and let the paint dry and show it off.


No comments: