Friday, January 15, 2010

You make me smile...

I came across this set of Penny Black - Toadily stamps and fell in love with them. I couldn't wait to get home to make something.  Sooooooo here it is.

I am also entering it two challenges:

Charisma challenge was all about using something new and this card is FULL of new stuff that I have never used.  I found these little felt flowers that I sewed the button on to.  They come in some great colors.  Mr. Froggy is new and he has a bunch of friends including those little flys.  I thought they were great.  I added the trail behind them so they look like they are buuuzzzzzing around him crazy.   Then notice the orange strip that has shapes of flowers and ladybugs.  It is really felt.  I found this in the dollar bin at Michales.  It also comes in some awesome colors.  Last but not least is the sentiment stamp.  I loved it when I came upon it and I will be using it often.  To finish him up I colored him with my copic and popped the lil daisy out. 

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

This card is too cute! I love the ribbon and buttons.

(PS. My 8-yr old daughter is standing over my shoulder and she just said "Hey, I like that card there.")

Thank you for posting my blog candy.

Melody said...

How Fun!! Love the sentiment with the image!

Leanne said...

Gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Sally said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Tasha said...

Wow i love it its gorgeous and so much fun
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Anonymous said...

I really liking the frog card. And I like the way you cut out your sentiment. I'm always looking for different ways to cut out the sentiments.
Take Care
Gena