Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My God Daughter's Birthday Card

My GD lives in IA and I don't get to see her as much as I wish.  Her mother is one of my bestest oldest friends.  I sure do miss them all.  Her birthday is Sat so I better get this off in the mail tomorrow.

This is one of my newer Penny Black stamps - What a Day! (That's the name of the stamp.. crazy huh.)   The orginal stamp has a little chick looking up next to this hen but I didn't ink it.  Just left it out.  I had bought this stamp for Easter and spring cards but it just came to me to use it for her birthday card also.

As usual submitting it into challenges:
Fab N Funky #17 - Spring
DCRU - Surprise Challenge - stamped image and daisies
Little Red Wagon #22 - Rolling into Spring
Saturday Challenge  #76  - PINK, GREEN & FLOWERS
Tales from Pollcraft #374 papers, 3embellishments, 2 ribbon/lace and 1 image...

10 comments:

Gwen said...

Wow Mary! You were quick on that one...I think your little spring hen is super cute. I bet your GD will love it too.

Thanks for playing in my Suprise Challenge at DCRU. I had to have fun with my followers since its not only April Fool's Day, but its my Birthday too! No, kiddin'!

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@DCRU

~Christina~ said...

Oooh I love the papers!

Cara said...

Hey, Big Mamma!! Love your card, how sweet for your GD! Good luck with the challenge ;o)
Cara DCRU DT

Becky said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card Mary, I love your style!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Pollycraft!!
Love Becky xx

{Jane} said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

andrea said...

beautiful card,fab image thankyou for joininh us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Sian said...

Gorgeous card.
Sian
x

LORi said...

What a darling card!! love the flowers and that sweet chicken!!!

Die Cuts R Us HUGS - LORi

Rosanne said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

Emma said...

Adorable card, love the image and gorgeous paper.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x