Thursday, January 19, 2012


Hey everyone!  Another day off finally so I thought I would share with you a project I did for my daughter. 


Sometime during the first week of the new year my daughter called from Seattle, what a great city..I could go off on a whole other subject with just that thought but keep on track Mary.  She called and said "Mom could you do me a HUGE favor?"  I'm thinking what the heck can I do from here but "Of course honey what ever I can do you know I will."  She proceeds to tell me that Chinese New Year and her birthday are on the same day so she is having a party. 

"Mom, can you make me some invites for the party?"  WHAT?? can I make her invites.. OMG my ultimate dream has come true.  I long for ideas to make cards for.  Most of my cards I make are for card challenges.   I love to enter and then I just put them in a box. 

I got all the details on what she was looking for and how many she needed.  She left most of it up to me to surprise her.

So I got down to work stamping and cutting.   I put all those little letters through my Xyron sticker maker and what a huge time saver that was.  
I used three different stamps on the invites.  The banner is from Hero Arts.  I love this stamp, so many uses, so much fun.  
Then I had the lantern stamp for some time.  I think I found it in the dollar bin at Mikes. 




The third stamp is the "Time to Celebrate"  I thought it worked perfect with invites and theme of the card.   Last I just added a little bling to give some dimension to the card.


I decided to make envelopes, mostly because the cards are such an odd shape. 

 Just as an added touch I punched a scallop border at the top on the closing flap.  I think it made it have just a bit of a personal touch.


 I sent them off to her about a week ago and they were a hit.  She loved them and sent them right out. 

Maybe it's time to get started on Valentine cards.. Come back soon so I can show you what I'm up to . 

 BIG MAMMA LUVS YA
 Glitter Graphics

XOXO

No comments: