Monday, September 10, 2012

FIGHT LIKE A GIRL

How was your weekend?  Mine was great!  Friday night I caught up with a girlfriend to talk about her new job.  Of course we did this over a cocktail.  It was real nice to get out at night and she what real people do. 

Saturday was of course Super Saturday Thrifty shopping.  That really doesn't roll off the tongue very well does it?   Goodwill really is the only place I go.  I have about 4 of them I venture to with in a decent driving range and I have a great route that is a full circle home. I should just rename it to Super Saturday Goodwill Hunting.  Wow I just came up with that.  I really like it.   
SUPER SATURDAY GOODWILL HUNTING 

Yep that's what I'm going to do.  So start looking for my renamed updates and I'll label as such.   

Now where was I?  Oh yea.. Saturday.  Really didn't find a ton this Saturday but there was one great thing.  This post really isn't about my finds so how about I come back tomorrow to tell you all about that.   

Sunday I went to a stamping party with three of the best girlfriends a girl can have.  We had a great time and made 10 Christmas cards.  I guess it got my stamping juices flowing because I came home an made another card.   

I knew I had been wanting to make a card to enter in a few challenges that were coming up and this was a perfect opportunity.  I had recently got a new Unity ippity/Jellibean stamp called Fight Like A Girl.  
This stamp means a lot to me.  I know a couple people that are going through a life battle with that BITCH of a "C"!  Sorry for such a strong word but it is a horrible thing and that is how I feel.  
So this is for them.


 

  I got the design / layout from Retro Sketches Challenge #28  -  I like how clean and simple these sketches are. 
As you can see I stamped the image twice and cut one out to pop it up.   The image has the ribbon but I also have a punch that punches the ribbon image.  I punched it and glittered it pink.  Staying with my new love Jillibean the background paper is from their Homemade 6 Bean soup 6x6 pad I have.  Tied a white ribbon around it and done. 

 I did say that there were a couple challenges, the other one is Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Put a Stamp on it.  Simon Says is having a STAMPTEMBER MONTH.  It's for their anniversary.   They have a very big celebration going on with a very nice prize and I can not lie.. I want to win.  I love shopping with them.   Hell I like shopping who's kidding who here.. but I do love their products.  LOL 

I hope everyones weekend was as good as mine.  
Now back to crafting!


HAPPY CRAFTING 
BIG MAMMA LUVS YA Glitter Graphics


1 comment:

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the symbolism! Fantastic!