Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy Happy New Year everyone...

I created my first cupcake card and I know I'll be making many more down the road.  It was a lot of fun.  I created my cupcake with a combo of freehand cutting and punch art.  Here's how I did it.  First I had the crimped yellow paper already.  You know me and my scraps.  I free hand drew (what I thought looked like) a cup cake paper cup.  I added a little brown on top of that.  Just took the 1 1/8 circle punch, then cut the circle in 1/2 and put  round side down.  Next I took my 2" Scallop punch.  Punched the scallop circle and then inserted it into my Martha Stewart boarder punch called Drippy Goo.   Glued down first glitter called Diamond Dust, then put more glue on top of that and sprinkled with Tulip Pink glitter.  Now here is the best part of this cupcake.  The cherry!  Where do you think that came from... It's a berry from a Christmas decoration.  You know the little Styrofoam red balls that make it look like holly berrys.  Yep took one of those and sliced it in half and glued it down.  It worked perfect and really look pretty darn real... so whaaaaalaaa a cupcake!  If I say so myself it turned out ok  for my first time. 

The paper is from a scrapbook page kit I got for only $1.97 at Joannes on clearance.  It's by a company called Express yourself Creatively.  (I think?)  Anyway it's the Birthday kit. 

I am entering this card in two challenges.

#1 - Papertake Weekly #31 challenge. & #2 - Charisma Cardz Challenge  

Check out Charima Happy Birthday Blog Hop.  So much fun and each DT has some candy to give a way.  Check it out. 

 

Hope everyone had a great New Years and are all home safe and sound.  

Hugs & Kisses to all - Big Mamma~

8 comments:

Vee said...

Fabulous card. love the colour combo. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good luck with the blog hop. Happy New year!!
xx Vee

Allison said...

yummy card
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Ila said...

Love your Gorgeous card..that cupcake looks yummy!!...Happy New Year!!...Hugs, Ila

Donna said...

Fantastic take on this weeks sketch, scrummy cupcake! Thanks for playing along with this weeks PTW challenge :) Donna x

Sally said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining in our Birthday Celebration Blog Hop at Charisma Cardz. Happy New Year

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh how CUTE!!! Love this adorable cupcake card! Thanks so much for joining us at PTW, Mary! Happy New Year! hugs!

Unknown said...

Great card, love your cupcake!

Thanks for joining in the Charisma blog hop. Thanks also for visiting my blog and entering my candy - best of luck

Jan x

Anonymous said...

Mary,
I like your cupcake. The embellishments are very pretty. I got my cupcake from Simon Says Stamp and it is a cling by Hero Arts. Hope this helps. Thanks for all the kind comments. Take Care.
Gena