Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

I hope everyone had a great day this Tuesday!  Everyone gearing up the the big end of summer Labor Day weekend?  I have to work but that's ok.. Love it!

A couple of days back I found the best looking Cheesy Enchilada Casserole.  I found it on a blog called Get Off Your Butt & Bake... cute name huh.  If you like to cook and bake this is a site for you.. it has great pictures and awesome recipes.   Anyway it looked so good and sounded so easy I just had to make my version of it, we are not beef eaters so I made it with chicken.

INGREDIENTS:
1 - 1lb chicken   (I bought a pre made roasted chicken, you know the ones that come in the bag ready to grab and go)
1 large can of Red Enchilada Sauce
1 Can of Corn
1 Pkg of Mexican Shredded Cheese
Flour Tortilla - as needed for layering
1 bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos


INSTURCTIONS

In a large sauce pan, cube/dice the chicken (this is why I used the pre made Roasted Chicken.  #1 it was cheaper and #2 it is WAY easier to just pull off the bone and shred right into the pan).  Next pour in the whole can of Red Enchilada Sauce and the can of corn.  Over medium heat let that all simmer together until thoroughly cooked.

I used a 8 x 8 Pyrex baking dish.

To start the layering cover the bottom of the dish with your chicken filling, sprinkle the Mexican Shredded Cheese over that and then place 1 large Flour Tortilla on the top of the two layers.  Repeat the above step  one more time BUT  DO NOT USE ALL THE FILLING - LEAVE ENOUGH TO SPREAD OVER THE TOP, LAST TORTILLA.

Once you have place that last tortilla cover with the remaining chicken filling and spread the last of your shredded cheese.  This is the best part of it!  Now take a handful or two of your Nacho Cheese Doritos and crush them as you sprinkle them over the top of the cheese. The more the better.  

 Here is what it should look like..

Pop this in the oven at 350 degree for 30 minutes. 


Here is your dinner. Sorry but someone got to it before I did.. LOL

I hope all this made since and I didn't confuse you all too much. 

Happy Eatting!!!


 Big Mamma Luvs Ya
 Glitter Graphics

XOXO

1 comment:

chilli pip said...

Sorry have not visited for ages. This looks yummy , just when i try and start my 100 th diet of 2011.