Friday, August 24, 2012

Super Saturday Find

 Something I've been doing for quite some time is on Saturdays I head out early and hit thrift stores to see what treasures I can find.  In the area I live in I have approximately 8 different thrift stores.  Most are Goodwill stores but there are a few others along the way.  I like to hit. up the Goodwill Stores because if you keep track of their schedule every other Saturday it is 50% off any item.  The good thing is that 1/2 are on every other weekend schedules so every Saturday is a win for me!

I have shared a few of my finds in the past.  

Remember my Pier One mirror? 

 It was plain white wicker and weathered a bit.  I know it was Pier One since the orginal sticker was still on it.

 Here it is after I re did it and hung it over my bed.

 I thought I'd start to share with you my finds.  

Last week I felt like I hit the jackpot.  I will soon get to have my own crafting room, so I have been keeping my eyes open for items that will help me organize all my junk.. ahhh I mean my wonderful crafting supplies.. Ha ha ha.  

Here are my find from last Saturday.

  

First thing you see is that wonderful Scrabble game.  I have been looking for these games at thrift stores ever since I saw the first "Pin" and all the things you can do with the tiles.  This is the first game I ever found.  They just can't be found.  I understand it is coming back as a pretty popular game but geeezzee.  Either no one wants to get rid of them or they go faster than the ice cream in my house. 

Next the frames.  I make frames and sell them so I'm always looking for good frames ( not real cheep one with that pole in the back that holds them up)  If you'd like to see my frames you can check them out at my Etsy store

Way in the back is a little shelf that I plan on re painting and adding to my craft room later on.  So that goes in the garage for now.

What do you think about those jars.  I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them.  I have seen them at Target and other stores but I think they are around $19.99 and that is outta my budget for something I don't "have" to have.   These jars were a great price only $4.99 and $2.00.  How could I pass them up?  

How could I just leave those beauties sitting there empty until my room was complete.  There was no way.  So I filled them up right away.  

I use to have my buttons all in separate jars but to me it just took up to much room.  Yea sure it is easy to just grab the color jar you want and get your button but to me all the colors together just looks so much more fun.  I used the large jar for all those spare pieces of ribbon I just can throw away and know that I will use later for something.  

I will proudly display these in my room but for now they have a temp home in my bedroom craft area. 

What is the best thing you ever found at your treasure store?  (Thrift store)

HAPPY CRAFTING!

BIG MAMMA LUVS YA Glitter Graphics

XOXO

No comments: