Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful Banner

Is everyone’s turkey in the countdown phase of defrosting, stuffing and ready to turn the heat up on it? 
Today I wanted to share a banner I made to display for our Thanksgiving meal. 

The banner base is hard chipboard that I bought from Hobby Lobby.  A blank slate.  I picked some great paper at my local scrapbook store by My Mind's Eye - On The Bright Side Collection – Orange Barn.

I Mod Podge’d the base of the  unfinished chipboard with the “barn paper”.   While I was looking for the perfect base paper I ran into a sheet of these adorable “bingo” fall cards.  They are by:  Simple Stories - Harvest Lane Collection    I fell in love with them and had to find a way to use them.  Each banner got their own different bingo card.  Cut my rosette and then glued a letter on each one to spell THANKFUL.  After it was done it was just a little to plain so I made my own leaves with a punch, crinkling them up and then distressing them a little.

Lastly I had a roll of old hemp twine that I thought would be perfect to string the banner with.  I think it turned out fabulous!  Each banner I make is getting better and better… Can’t wait to start my Christmas one.
I’m going to enter my Fall Thankful banner in the Ribbon Carousel Blog’s Monthly challenge  RCC74.  
Signature%2520Lips%255B5%255D

No comments: